If you want to make money online, you need to know how to design a website that converts. Whether you’re selling products, services, or information, you need to design your site in a way that encourages visitors to take the desired action.
So, how do you design a website that converts? It’s not as difficult as you might think. By following a few simple principles, you can create a website that is both attractive and effective. Here are some tips to get you started:
1. Define Your Value Proposition
Your value proposition is the reason why your website exists. It’s the unique selling point that tells your visitors what you’re offering and why they should care.
If you want your website to convert visitors into customers, you need to have a strong value proposition. Without it, your website will just be another pretty face in the crowd.
So how do you create a strong value proposition? Start by answering these four questions:
- What are you selling?
- Who are you selling it to?
- What makes your offering unique?
- Why should your target customer care about your offering?
Answering these questions will help you to identify and articulate your value proposition. Once you have it, make sure it’s prominently featured on your website. After all, it’s the whole reason your website exists!
2. Use Persuasive Copy
Your website is your digital storefront, and the words on your website can be the difference between a sale and a window shopper. Good website copy is persuasive, convincing your visitors to take the actions you want them to take.
Keep these tips in mind when writing your website copy to ensure that it is persuasive and convincing, and more likely to lead to a sale. By focusing on the benefits to the customer, and using active and descriptive language, you can create website copy that is more likely to convert window shoppers into buyers. Here are a few tips for writing persuasive website copy that converts:
- Keep it Short and Sweet – Visitors to your website are looking for quick answers to their questions. Make sure your copy is short and to the point, with clear and concise language.
- Use Active Voice – Active voice makes your copy more engaging and easier to read. Use active voice whenever possible, and avoid long, drawn-out sentences.
- Paint a Picture – Use descriptive language to paint a picture in your visitors’ minds. Help them see what it’s like to use your product or service, and how it will benefit them.
- Focus on the Benefits – Your visitors don’t care about your features, they care about the benefits. Make sure your copy focuses on how your product or service will benefit your visitors, and not just on the features.
- Use “You” – Use language that speaks to the user directly. For example, use phrases like “you can” or “you’ll be able to” instead of general statements like “our website is the best.” This will make the user feel like the website is talking to them directly, and will make them more likely to trust the site.
3. Include A Strong Call-To-Action
If you’re looking to design a website that actually converts, then you need to make sure you include a strong call-to-action. This is the one element that will make or break your website’s ability to turn visitors into paying customers.
So what makes a strong call-to-action? There are a few key things to keep in mind. First, your CTA should be impossible to miss. It should be prominently featured on your website’s homepage and throughout your key landing pages. Second, your CTA needs to be clear and concise. It should be unambiguous about what you want your visitors to do. And finally, your CTA should be highly relevant to your target audience. It should be something that they actually want to do.
If you can nail all of these things, then you’ll be well on your way to designing a website that actually converts.
4. Use Eye-Catching Visuals
What’s the first thing you notice when you visit a website? If you’re like most people, it’s the visuals. The way a website looks can be the difference between a sale and a lost customer. Creating a website that is visually appealing is important and can be done by using a clean and professional design, high-quality images, and easy-to-read text.
5. Have a Clear Navigation
One of the most important things to consider when designing a website is how easy it is for users to navigate. If your website is can be easily navigated, users will be able to find the information they are looking for quickly and easily. This is one of the most important factors in designing a website that converts. Be sure to make use of website breadcrumbs that clearly show the path users should take.
6. Be Responsive
In order to design a website that converts, you need to be responsive. What does that mean? It means that you need to design your website so that it can be easily accessed and used on any device, whether it’s a desktop computer, a laptop, a tablet, or a smartphone.
Responsive website design is more important than ever before because there are more people using mobile devices to access the internet than ever before. In fact, according to Statista, as of November 2021, there were more than 4.32 billion active mobile internet users worldwide. That’s a lot of people!
So, how do you make your website responsive? There are a few different ways, but one of the most common is to use responsive design templates. These are templates that have been designed to be responsive, so all you need to do is select one and then customize it to your liking.
Another way to make your website responsive is to use a responsive WordPress theme. These are themes that have been specifically designed to be responsive, so they’ll already be optimized for mobile devices. All you need to do is install the theme and then start customizing it.
If you want to make sure your website is accessible and easy to use for everyone, regardless of what device they’re using, then you need to make sure it has responsive design. Responsive design is more important than ever with the increase in mobile internet users worldwide.
7. Be Optimized for SEO
Nowadays, it is important for businesses to have a website that is designed for SEO. This ensures that their site appears higher in search engine results, and thus, they are more likely to receive organic traffic. There are a few key things to keep in mind when designing a website with SEO in mind:
- Use relevant keywords throughout your site.
- Make sure your site is easy to navigate.
- Use alt tags for images.
- Use backlinks.
- Design for mobile devices.
By following these tips, you can be sure that your website is optimized for SEO and has a better chance of ranking high in search engine results.
8. Have Social Proof
The best way to design a website that converts is to have social proof. This means that your website should show that you have satisfied customers and that you are an authority in your industry. You can do this by displaying testimonials, customer reviews, and awards on your website.
9. Be Free of Grammar and Spelling Errors
If you want to design a website that converts, one of the most important things to keep in mind is to make sure that it is free of grammar and spelling errors. This may seem like a small detail, but it can make a big difference in how users perceive your site. If you have a site that is full of errors, it will reflect poorly on your brand and make it harder for users to trust your site and its content. On the other hand, a well-edited site will give users a much better impression of your brand and make it more likely that they will convert.
To ensure that your site is free of errors, it is important to proofread all of your content carefully before publishing it. If you are not a careful proofreader yourself, you may want to consider hiring someone to do this for you. In addition, you should also run your site through a spell checker tool before publishing it. This will help to catch any errors that you may have missed.
By taking the time to proofread your site and make sure that it is free of errors, you will be able to design a much more effective website that is more likely to convert visitors into customers or subscribers.
10. Make Use of White Space
When it comes to website design, white space is your friend. By making use of negative space, you can create a clean and modern look that will help your website stand out from the rest. In addition, using white space effectively can also help to improve your website’s usability and make it more inviting for users to stay and browse.
So, how can you make use of white space on your website? Here are a few tips:
- Use Plenty of White Space – When it comes to website design, more often than not, less is more. By using plenty of white space, you can create a clean and uncluttered look that is both visually appealing and easy to navigate.
- Use Contrasting Colors – Another great way to make use of white space is to use contrasting colors. This will help to create visual interest and make your website more eye-catching.
- Use Text Spacing – Another way to make use of white space is to use text spacing. By increasing the space between your text lines, you can make your content easier to read and more visually appealing.
- Use Images – Images are a great way to add visual interest. There are a few things to keep in mind when using white space effectively on your website. First, less is often more. Too much clutter can be overwhelming for users and make your website less inviting. Second, use contrasting colors to create visual interest. This will help your website stand out from the rest. Finally, use text spacing to make your content easier to read. By following these tips, you can create a website that is both visually appealing and easy to use.
11. Use FOMO
Learn how to use FOMO (fear of missing out) to design a website that converts by preying on users’ fears. FOMO is a powerful emotions that can be leveraged to get people to take action. Use it wisely, and you can design a website that gets people to take the actions you want them to take. Think about what your users are afraid of missing out on, and design your site accordingly. If you can tap into their fears, you’ll be well on your way to designing a website that converts.
Now That You Know How To Design A Website…
Creating an engaging website is often easier said than done. We hope that you were able to find some useful information in this article about designing an engaging website. We realize that this topic isn’t for everyone, so if you have any questions about website design or any other services that we provide, please feel free to contact our Atlanta Web Design Agency for a free strategy session to discuss your website needs.