In this article you will learn how to improve your website’s SEO ranking on Google by implementing the 7 steps below.
Steps to Improve SEO Ranking on Google
The problem is that you spent good money to have a beautifully designed website but are still not showing up in Google’s search engine results. You might think that just by creating a website that you will automatically show up on the first page of Google. The truth is that it takes a little more work and some strategy to accomplish this. It does not happen overnight or on its own.
To help you get your website to rank better on Google, implement the 7 steps below and you should start to see positive results within a couple of weeks.
- Start by conducting a thorough WordPress SEO Audit on your website. This will give you an idea of where your site stands when it comes to on-site and off-site optimization and if any technical issues exist that need to be addressed.
- Add keywords to your website content. Initially pick a keyword phrase for every page and post that you would like to target. Apply appropriate keywords that aren’t overly competitive and hard to rank for. Perform a keyword research with Google Planner using words that are relevant to your website. Use these keywords by adding them to SEO headlines, meta description, title tags and URLs appropriately.
- Create original content for your website that is relevant to your business. High-quality, unduplicated content on a website has a huge impact on SEO & search engine ranking
- Create a Google Business Listing for your business. Google My Business will allow your business hours, phone number, and directions to show up on Google Search and Maps.
- Create a Google Search Console (previously google webmaster tools) account and submit your site’s XML sitemap to Google.
- Build backlinks to your website. For Google, trust is very important and revolves around links. You want the sites that link to you to be trusted sites. If you have many trusted websites linking back to your website, Google gives your page higher credibility and search ranking.
- Analyze and improve your site performance. Your website’s server speed and page loading time affect user experience and have an impact on SEO as well. Slow page-loading times can slow down search engine spiders so less of your site gets indexed, and hurt your rankings. Be sure to address any page loading issues that are slowing down your website.
Once you’ve climbed to page one ranking, your competitors will be after you with their own SEO strategies. You will need to also consider that customers may start using different keywords. Thus, your website will need continual SEO management to maintain your search engine ranking. If you need help with SEO Management, contact us today for more information on improving your SEO ranking on Google.