I need a new website, how does it work?
Our web design process starts with you submitting a Website Worksheet to see if we are a good fit for each other. Once we receive your website brief from you then we will schedule a meeting to discuss your project expectations. Following the meeting, we will put together a formal proposal and send it to you for your approval. Once the quote is excepted, a 50% deposit will be required for us to get started. To see more information on the process visit our web design process page.
How much does a website cost?
The cost of a website obviously varies depending on different factors, just like the cost of a car may vary depending on the features and upgrades. Our website projects generally start in the $3,000 range for basic business websites and range upward depending on your business’s unique needs.
How long does it take to design and develop a website?
The time it takes to build a website depends on the actual size and complexity of your website and your response time with the content we need. A basic website typically takes around 6 weeks from beginning to end. If you need your site quicker, we offer an expedite fee depending on the deadline you need.
Will I need my own domain name and website hosting?
You will need to purchase your own domain, we recommend Godaddy for a domain register. We do provide VPS web hosting for our clients at an extremely affordable rate. This is for the convenience of our clients and will be happy to migrate your website over for you. If you choose to stay with your own hosting company, please be aware if there are any hosting issues, such as your website server going down, you will be responsible for contacting them and handling any hosting issues directly with them. If you host with us, we got you covered! We will handle all your hosting issues if any occur.
This report provides you with:
- Links to directories created and claimed
- Credentials to directories created and claimed
- Status update on submitted listings
- Complete listing of top 50 directories being submitted
Do you host emails on your hosting servers?
No we do not host emails. We highly recommend a 3rd party application like Google Apps. or Godaddy Office 365 and will be happy to assist you in setting up the MX records on our end. It’s not the best idea to have your email hosted by your website host. Keeping your email separate from your website hosting is very important for quite a few reasons.
- Hosting your email on your website host takes up a huge amount of space that your website could be using. To keep costs down, we eliminated email option.
- The interface & functionality of website hosting email software provided by website hosts is less than stellar. If you’re used to something like gmail or Google Apps, you will be greatly disappointed.
- Although website hosting is fairly reliable, if your website hosting goes down, your email will go down with it.
- Using website hosting for your email makes it harder for you to move your website if you ever decide to down the road. Migrating a website is simple but migrating email can be awful.
- Avoid our client servers from being blacklisted due to email spam.
Will my site work on mobile devices?
Most definitely! All websites that we design work on multiple devices. Depending on your site’s requirements we can design & develop your website using responsive technologies so that the site is optimized for mobile devices.
What is a domain name?
A domain name is your URL address. Typically this would be something like yourcompanyname.com
What is web hosting?
Web hosting is a service that allows your website files to be stored and viewed on the Internet.
Do you do logo design?
We focus on designing and building websites because that is what we are good at. However if you need a logo created we can recommend a graphic designer who specializes in logos and branding.
Do you write the copy for my website?
We don’t write your content for you, however if you need help with copy we are happy to refer you to a copywriter who specializes in writing content for websites.